Happy Ex-Spouse day!!!! Who knew they had such a thing!? So, I’ve been married twice, on my way to being divorced twice and that makes two ex-husbands and lots of lessons. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever say that I had … 2 ex-husbands. Broken relationships seem to be all I know BUT … with brokenness comes a new opportunity to mend and grow and that is exactly what I’ve done through the years. What I know about myself now is that I fall fast and for years I loved the free fall, I craved it like an adrenaline junkie. You know that new relationship feeling that gives you butterflies and goosebumps all at the same time. The one that makes you feel like you could fly. The one that gives you your highest highs and in a split second, your lowest lows. I’m learning to control the fall a bit. I believe it’s because I have so much to give. I want to love bigger than life and yet it escapes me. I am determined not to only find the break, not to only see the ache and the failure but to also realize the lessons I have the opportunity to learn along the way. I’d love to share just 5 of the many leason’s I’ve learned.
- There is NO MAN worth giving up yourself for. There are men who will drain the very life out of you. They will suck your spirit dry. They will take everything you are willing to give. Don’t give yourself up. Don’t change to make them like you. Don’t give even a piece of you up to be anything different than you have been created to be!
- In the end it boils down to this small fact, you only have control over you. You can’t make anyone like you, love you, respect you, care about you. You do you and in the end those meant to find you will.
- If a man wants you, he will make time for you. You won’t have to beg him or bribe him. He honestly won’t be able to get enough for you.
- If he loves you and recognizes your value, he will rid his life of anything that threatens his relationship with you.
- The fact that someone has chosen to loose you does NOT cheapen your value. Mourn the loss if you must but don’t you dare stay there! Pick your self up, wipe the tears and if you didn’t wear waterproof mascara, wipe the streaks off your face and reapply, shake it off and know that you know that you know …God is able to bring beauty from your ashes, you just have to be willing to hand them over.
Much Love! SB